The ****** Calcite Market size is estimated to be USD 10.1 billion in 2019 and projected to reach USD 13.0 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% from 2019 to 2024. Increasing demand for paper and plastics, coupled with easy availability and cost-effectiveness, are expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Browse 105 Market Data Tables and 36 Figures spread through 145 Pages and in-depth TOC on “Calcite Market by Type (GCC, PCC), Application (Paper, Paints & Coatings, Construction, Plastics, Adhesives & Sealants), and Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America) – ****** Forecast to 2024”
Major companies operating in the calcite industry include Imerys S.A. (France), Omya AG (Switzerland), Minerals Technologies Inc. (US), Huber Engineered Materials (US), and Gulshan Polyols Ltd. (India). These companies account for a major share of the market.
The paper application is projected to be the major consumer of calcite during the forecast period
The ****** calcite market is segregated based on application into paper, paints & coatings, construction, plastics, adhesives & sealants, and others. In terms of value & volume, the paper application accounted for the largest share of the market in 2018. This growth is attributed to its ability to enhance the printability, whiteness, and brightness & opacity of the paper. The plastics application is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is projected to be the largest consumer of calcite during the forecast period
Based on region, the calcite market is segregated into Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, North America, Europe, and South America. Among these, the Asia Pacific accounted for the largest share in 2018 and is also projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to the expansion in calcite manufacturing and high demand from the plastics and paper industries in China, Japan, and India, among others. Moreover, cheap labor, easy availability of raw material, and other factors are expected to fuel the growth of the market in the region during the forecast period.
Do Inquiry Before Buying @ https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/Enquiry_Before_BuyingNew.asp?id=50319659
- In November 2019, Imerys S.A. acquired some assets of the EDK company, a leading producer of ground calcium carbonates (GCC) in Brazil. These assets include three operating plants and 100 employees, which generated annual revenues of USD 15.5 million in 2018.
- In June 2019, Minerals Technologies Inc. installed and deployed a new ENVIROFIL PCC technology, a new, innovative recycling technology that allows papermakers to recover mineral pigments from the deinking residue by converting these raw materials, at UPM-Kymmene Corporation’s paper mill in Schongau, Germany. This process has proven to substantially improve waste paper yield, mitigating solid waste disposal costs, and reducing the environmental impact of the deinking process.
- In November 2018, Omya AG introduced a new functionalized calcium carbonate for use in biopolymers under the brand name, Omya Smartfill 55– OM. The new calcium carbonate is used particularly as filler material for polylactic acid (PLA) as this does not demonstrate almost any hydrolysis when processed at filler loads of up to 40%.
- In November 2018, Nordkalk Corporation increased its production capacity of limestone in Turkey. The new crushing plant increases the annual production capacity to 2.5 million tons of limestone, offered in several fractions. In addition to capacity increase, the plant enhances the health and safety conditions and impact of production on the environment.
Key Questions addressed by the report
- What are the future revenue pockets in the calcite market?
- Which key developments are expected to have a long-term impact on the calcite industry?
- Which type is expected to cannibalize existing markets?
- How is the current regulatory framework expected to impact the market?
- What will be the future product mix of the calcite industry?
- What are the prime strategies of leaders in the calcite market?
Imerys S.A. (France) is one of the leading players in the calcite market and has been adopting inorganic & organic strategies to sustain its market position. For instance, in November 2019, Imerys S.A. acquired some assets of the EDK company, a leading producer of ground calcium carbonates (GCC) in Brazil. These assets include three operating plants and 100 employees, which generated annual revenues of USD 15.5 million in 2018. In February 2018, Imerys S.A. acquired the carbonate business of Vimal Microns (India), a major producer of ground calcium carbonate for polymer and coating applications.
Omya AG (Switzerland) is another major company in the calcite market. It has been adopting organic and inorganic strategies to sustain its position in the market. For instance, in November 2018, the company established a research center for crop cultivation at Oftringen. It undertakes studies through the systematic analyses of natural calcium carbonate in agriculture. Insights gained at the center have proven valuable for the development of new products and innovative technologies for agriculture. In November 2018, Omya AG introduced a new functionalized calcium carbonate for use in biopolymers under the brand name, Omya Smartfill 55– OM. The new calcium carbonate is used particularly as filler material for polylactic acid (PLA) as this does not demonstrate almost any hydrolysis when processed at filler loads of up to 40%
Read More Insights At Click Here
MarketsandMarkets™ provides quantified B2B research on 30,000 high growth niche opportunities/threats which will impact 70% to 80% of worldwide companies’ revenues. Currently servicing 7500 customers worldwide including 80% of ****** Fortune 1000 companies as clients. Almost 75,000 top officers across eight industries worldwide approach MarketsandMarkets™ for their painpoints around revenues decisions.
MarketsandMarkets’s flagship competitive intelligence and market research platform, “Knowledgestore” connects over 200,000 markets and entire value chains for deeper understanding of the unmet insights along with market sizing and forecasts of niche markets.
Mr. Ashish Mehra
630 Dundee Road
Northbrook, IL 60062