Standard Basketball Court Size
- The playing basketball court is 28 meters long and 15 meters wide. The ratio of long money: 28:15. The area of the competition area is 28*15=420 m2.
- Line: The width is 0.05 meters (5 cm).
Boundary: The court boundary is at least 2 meters away from spectators, billboards or any other obstacles.
FOSHAN GRK COMMERCIAL CO LTD
The boundary on the long side of the court is called the sideline, and the boundary on the short side is called the endline.
- Free throw line, restricted area and penalty area: the area of the three-second zone = (3.6+6)*5.8/2=27.84m2
- The free throw line should be parallel to the end line, and its outer edge is 5.80 meters away from the inner edge of the end line; this line is 3.60 meters long. Its midpoint must fall on the imaginary line connecting the midpoints of the two end lines.
- The ground area formed by drawing two lines from both ends of the free throw line to 3 meters from the midpoint of the end line (both measured from the outer edge) is called the restricted area. If it is colored inside the restricted area, its color must be the same as the color inside the center circle.
- The penalty area is the restricted area plus a semicircular area drawn outside the restricted area with the center of the free throw line as the center and a radius of 1.80 meters. The semicircle in the restricted area shall be drawn as a dotted line.
- Middle circle: The middle circle should be drawn in the center of the court with a radius of 1.80 meters, measured from the outer edge of the circle. If it is colored inside the center circle, its color must be the same as the color inside the restricted area.
5.3 points shooting area:
- Separately 1.25 meters from the side line, draw two parallel lines from the end line;
- The arc (semicircle) with a radius of 6.25 meters (measured to the outer edge of the arc) intersects two parallel lines;
- The center of the arc should be at the intersection of the center vertical line of the opponent’s basket and the ground. The distance between the center of the circle and the midpoint of the inner edge of the end line is 1.575 meters. Note: If the width of the court is less than 15 meters, the arc is still drawn according to the 6.25 meter radius mentioned above.
The main difference between the new basketball court and the old basketball court is that the three zones extend 50cm outward; the three-second zone is changed from a trapezoid to a rectangle: 5.8m long and 4.9m wide. Rectangular area=4.9*5.8=28.42 m2