Detoxes and cleanses have become a mainstream trend in recent years. It majorly involves fasting or juice cleansing options that are in abundance. Contrary to what many people think, fasting isn’t a recently discovered phenomenon. It has been a part of human culture for many years now. Throughout the ages, it has kept evolving in its form leading up to the current detox juice cleanse.
Juice cleanse is meant to flush out the toxins and waste from your body while providing it with healing nourishments. It essentially acts as an assistant for your system and not a cure to it. A few days of constant dedication with either homemade or store-bought juice can help you to begin a healthful way of eating and living.
If you are apprehensive about embracing detox juice cleanse, our guide about it can be a help in clearing your mind.
Everything You Need to Know About Detox Juice Cleanse
What is Detox Juice Cleanse?
In this day and age, our body is continuously exposed to toxins every day. Unfortunately, the primary source of these toxins comes from our surrounding elements – food, air, water, household cleaners, cosmetics, etc. While our human body is capable of the cleansing process, it is wiser to provide support to the system occasionally given that we are consuming more toxins than ever before.
The cleansing process refers to the detox juice or fasting method that involves consuming vegetable or fruit juices for a few days. The process majorly falls into one of the three categories –
- Replacing solid food diet with liquid items such as juices, smoothies, or soups of fruits and vegetables;
- Supporting the natural detoxification system of your body by providing nutrients through juicing extracts that boosts liver and kidney functions;
- Cleansing the digestive system of the body from the colon or the large intestine.
According to experts, the process of juicing fruits and vegetables isolates them from the pulp and hence lacks fiber. They are, therefore, different from smoothies and contain a more concentrated amount of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals.
How to Do Detox Juice Cleanse?
Prior to the Cleanse
- Set realistic expectations and a single goal for carrying out the cleanse.
- Choose the days when you have the minimum workload. Weekends can be a good time to begin.
- Figure out the appropriate time length of the cleanse by researching it thoroughly.
- Keep your body hydrated.
- Cut off on caffeine to bring your body into an alkaline state.
- Incorporate more fruits and veggies into your meals.
- Avoid consuming animal products and stick to a plant-based diet.
- Stay away from processed foods and eat organic.
During the Cleanse
- Fix a certain amount of juice to consume in a day. It is recommended to have six 16-ounce servings in one day.
- Aim to drink a small quantity of juice every 2-2.5 hours, even if you are not hungry. Consistency is fundamental here.
- Consume your last drink at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Instead of gulping your drink down, have small sips of juices.
- Exercising is the most efficient way to release the toxins from your body. Do light exercises like walking or jump rope. Strictly avoid high-intensity workouts.
- Engage yourself in massage therapy, contrast showers, or skin brushing. They open the pores of your skin and help you get rid of dead skin cells during the cleanse.
- Give your mind a break and practice mindfulness. Stress can have negative effects on the cleanse.
- Some theories suggest that cleansing can evoke your old emotions. While there is no strict evidence, be prepared to manage them.
- Most importantly, listen to your body. If you feel anything wrong, get back to your regular diet. If you experience headaches, hunger, nausea, or blood sugar swings, discontinue the cleanse.
Breaking the Cleanse
- First, celebrate! You took a step to heal your body, so appreciate yourself.
- Your digestive system has been resting during your cleansing hours. Therefore, eat light and smaller meals on the first day after your cleanse.
- Strictly avoid red meat, dairy, alcohol, processed, and fried foods for the first few days.
- You have an opportunity to incorporate a healthy diet into your routine after fasting. Motivate yourself to do so.
How to Choose the Right Detox Juice Cleanse for You?
The process of juice cleanse can backfire if done the wrong way. Before you start with it, here’s what you should keep in mind –
1. Avoid cleaners that involve the wrong fruits
In the hype of commencing the juice cleanse, many forget to research the right kind of juice cleanse. In the abundance of variety, there are a few detox juices that do not work at all. They can provide you with vitamins and minerals that the fruit has, but it may be high in sugar. There is also a possibility of them not containing enough protein, fiber, or healthy fats to sustain your body for the day. Avoid such cleansers and choose wisely.
2. Do not use cleansers that focus just on supplements
Supplement-based treatments that have high-quality ingredients are effective. However, the market is full of supplements that aren’t regulated. It’s because the supplement industry has little to no regulation for the quality of its ingredients. If you make a purchase just by trusting the salesperson, you may do more harm than good for your body.
3. Restrict cleansers that don’t provide enough nourishment
Detox juice cleanse is equivalent to fasting. However, it, in no way, suggests that you should starve yourself. If cutting down on calories is keeping you hungry, you are doing it wrong. You are probably not taking off the day to rest when you are detoxing. Therefore, choose detox juice cleansers that provide you with sufficient energy levels to help you get through the day.
If you have enough knowledge about detox juice cleansers or have researched well, you can go for DIY options. However, many brands offer to incorporate clean and healthy drinks into your routine. You can use them on the go conveniently. Susenji Mofa+ is one of the highly recommended detox beverages that helps remove waste to avoid toxic retention. If you experience constant constipation issues or bloating, this orange and passionfruit-flavored beverage can help you.
Visit our shop now to experience a healthy mix of nutrients with a delightful taste!